- Benedict’s great acting: What’s more depressing than the lead actor not incorporating the character well? It makes the show bad, doesn’t it? That’s not the case here, not at all. Benedict doesn’t simply act like Sherlock Holmes, he brings the already amazing character to a whole new level. That’s great acting there, purely.
- Johnlock: Are you a slash shipper? Do you like to form gay couples in your fandoms? Don’t worry, here they’ll do it for you. Not only interpretations of fans, but the script itself leads to a ship. And it’s great, whether taken as a love affair or a bromance. Flawless.
- Trolling by J. Moriarty: Not only you usual villain. He’s more than that. The ultimate troll, the bad guy who’ll make even the best spectator doubt their previous thoughts. And he’s a huge troll, like really.
- Mark Gatiss: Pure awesomeness inf human form. He’s gonna make you go crazy, cry and laugh wth his scripts. But lso with his brilliant acting as Mycroft Holmes. I mean, really brilliant. Gatiss is a god, period.
- London: The best TV show ever is set on the best city ever. London is great and perfect for the set of a series about a detective. The show has taken this concept and transformed it pretty well to adapt to modern London. Worth paying attention to simply see how the place is essential when constructiing a story.
- With patience, comes greatness: Oh, so you hate when your tv show is on hiatus? *insert condescending willy wonka here* Tell me more about how long three months take to pass. No, seriously, you don’t know how hard hiatuses are until you’ve watched a british TV show. Especially Sherlock. The last episode aired January. The next probably only late next year. But hey, it won’t be boring, not at all. I swear, the hiatus makes the fans go crazy and bring their own creativity to work. We lack new official stuff, but never fandom-made stuff.
- The best fandom ever: Are you tired of your usual fandom? It’s understandable, they’re mostly annoying with time and long discussions. However, here, we take greatness to a whole new level. People are kinder, more comprehensive, more patient (see why above), sweeter. We’re crazy about our love, yet rational when debating. It’s unusual and nice.
- Too many emotions: We’re insane. I mean, imagine a fandom tumblr dominates. A bunch of girls crying over a shipping scene? Hot guys making us swoon? Mysterious stories being talked about nonstop? Yeah, all that. And more. Seriously, it’s like a tumblr society, where emotional reactions are valued and it will enhance your watching-the-show experience.
So that’s it. A fangirl list of reasons on why people need to join the Sherlockians.
And the 1 truly excellent reason you need to join the Sherlock fandom:
Martin Freeman is John Watson.